Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stressful Week Over

It has been a rather stressful week, but it ended well going to church this morning. I feel refreshed and I feel a change is coming. I know it is going to be for the best. It was also a more active week and I met my goals. I logged 30 miles on the bike, I did some strength training, completed 2 sessions of ab ripper x, and I actually "tried" to swim. After tempting to swim, I decided I set too high of a goal to do a triathlon this year. I am going to need work and will not have time to do swim training. I am going to try and do a duathlon though. When I went swimming on Friday, I could only do 4 laps and those were hard for me. I could not get the breathing, strokes, and leg kicking down. I was never a strong swimmer. I will continue to work on technique, but I will not be doing a tri this year. After the 4 laps, I did stay in the pool and ran 10 laps. It was a good workout. I am still going through running withdrawals, but February is around the corner. I am looking forward to spring more than ever this year. I believe I am going to do my next race in March. It will be a 7K race in Bloomington. Next week's plans are to bike 40 miles, ab ripper x times 2, and do strength training.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Robert! Love following your journey- thanks for sharing this with me!

    IF and when you are ready to work on swimming... I will gladly help you with some advice and pointers IF you want them. Swimming is my best of the three disciplines so hopefully I could help it be a bit easier for you!

    A Duathlon is a great next step! GO FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete