Monday, January 24, 2011

Ready for Spring

One more week and I will be back to running! Not that biking at the gym is bad. I just feel I get more out of running. Plus the gym is overcrowded right now with people trying to stick to their new years resolutions. I want to get out and enjoy the surroundings even though it is cold outside. This is going to be the best spring ever. I feel good so far this year. I've biked almost 100 miles so far this month and have been strengthening my legs. It is hard to imagine I will be biking 160 miles in one day this year. I am excited to run my first race on March 16th. I will be signing up soon as it's only $10 for the 7K race. Not bad!

Last week was a busy week and I had to squeeze in training. My goal was to bike 40 miles for the whole week. I ended up biking two 20 milers to get in the 40. It felt great though. I was unable to do two sessions of the ab ripper x. I am actually going to stop doing the ab ripper x because it is causing me back pain. Something I do not need this year. This week I plan to bike 40 plus miles and do some major strength training. I have been daydreaming quite a bit lately about what the RAIN ride and marathon will be like this year. Visualizing really keeps me motivated. I've also been motivated by the books I've been reading in the last 2 months. I haven't read this much in years! I highly recommend Hal Higdon's Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide, The Long Run: A New York City Firefighter's Triumphant Comeback from Crash Victim to Elite Athlete by Matt Long and Charles Butler, and Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner by Dean Karnazes.

No comments:

Post a Comment