Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Goals

My first run of the year went well considering I almost missed it. I did not go to sleep until 3am and I woke up 8:20. The race started at 9. I ended up running the 6miles of the Resolution Revolution. This was not a timed or scored event so it was nice to start off the new year right. I ran the 6 miles in 48:11 (8:02 per min/mile). I am taking a running break the rest of this month.

Here is an outline of my personal goals for 2011. They seem challenging, but they are very attainable. Overall I just want to be more positive, stay humble, and be happy this year. I appropriately dub 2011 as the “Year of the Gee”.

• Spend more quality time with my wife and son.
• Dive into my Bible.
• Get better sleep.
• Read more.
• Try out Yoga.
• Eat healthy.
• Work off my “AB of dough”.
• Volunteer more.

• Indianapolis Monumental Full Marathon – November 5th
Start 18 week training (week of July 4th)

• RAIN - Cycle Across Indiana (160+ mile ride) - July 16th
Start training in March or April

• Mini-Marathon 500 – May 7th
Start training in February

• 10K Race
• 15K Race

• 5 or more 5K Races
Mag 7 Series starts mid-March

• Sprint Triathlon
Maybe the Carmel Triathlon in April (need swim training)

• Bike 1000 or more miles
• Run 1000 or more miles
• 20 minute or less 5K time (PR 23:30)
• Race event in another state

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment